Who is Bamboo Skateboards?
Bamboo Skateboards is an ecologically-based skateboard brand and manufacturer of high quality skateboards made from sustainable bamboo from managed forests.
- We are social entrepreneurs who believe that giving back to our communities is as equally important as profits.
- We service core shops, brands and individuals around the globe while providing a solidified partnership and unique experience with each.
- We have been a part of action sports and skateboarding our whole lives and now passionately hope to inspire others to take actionable steps towards our preserving our natural environment.
What is the success rate of your internship?
In almost every class out of 14 classes so far, at least 1 top candidate has gained employment directly in the action sports industry while others gained other non-endemic positions. A few of the companies include Fox Moto-X, Rock Star Energy, Haro Bicycles, Nixon, Dark Horse Distribution, Action Sports Group, as well as 4 prior interns having been employed by Bamboo Skateboards.
When does the internship start and end?
Internships are 16 weeks and class 16 will officially start on May, 6th 2013 and end August 26th, 2013. Class 17 will then start in September-December.
What is the time requirement per week?
A minimum of 20 hours are required per week. If you live local, we require one full 8-hour day in the Oceanside office but highly recommend at least two.
Is the internship available to those outside of California?
Yes. We have had international interns from Finland, France, Germany, Scotland and Australia, as well as interns from Florida, Wisconsin, New York, Michigan, Illinois, etc.
Can college credit be earned?
Yes, class credit can be earned for college.
Is this a paid internship?
What are the details of the internship?
Internship is graded on 400 total points involving weekly duties such as managing your commitments/goals file, writing weekly blogs, updating your philosophy and charters, providing mentor feedback, intern matrix grading other interns, mid-term exam, final exam, communication with team, etc. The last month of internship is devoted to improving your resume, interviewing practice and other key actions to maximize your opportunities for job growth. The style of the internship is disciplined with a syllabus, “intern-bible”, and weekly files that are all accessed on Dropbox and Google Docs. This style of internship is based on an MBA, business school program and is unlike your traditional internship. People can actually fail out of the program for not meeting the minimum requirements.
What are the core responsibilities and requirements?
• Marketing – daily management of the FB, Twitter, HOOKIT, Instagram, YouTube accounts; analyze Google analytics; create contests
• Sales – visit skateshops; visit skateparks; manage alternative websites; find new sales leads and manage through salesforce.com; push online sales
• Public relations – updating database of contacts, writing press releases, finding positive publicity, pushing YouTube/Vimeo videos, handling event coordination
• Applicants should be active participants with a thorough understanding of the skateboarding, surfing and snowboarding youth culture; prefer skateboarding-focused
• Applicants should be outgoing and personable with good social and conversational skills; communication that connects!
• Must be analytical, process driven, detail oriented and be trusted to get the job done
• Must be able to manage your time with outside life, work, etc.
• Must be a leader and a self-starter…but also maintain the ability to work independently
• Creative people with photography, video-editing skills are a bonus!!!
• Prefer college graduates, but others can receive college credit
Questions you will be asked:
1. What are you looking to get out of an internship in relation to your future goals?
2. What do you feel makes you a UNIQUE qualified candidate?
3. Why have you chosen Bamboo Skateboards specifically?
4. What days of the week are you available to come in and work a full day?
5. Are you financially stable to ensure that you can do an internship up to 4 months?
To apply, please submit your resume and answers to the five questions above to: